Looking for love isn’t always easy. Whether you’re busy with your professional life or sheltering from a global pandemic, there are always obstacles that can get in the way of your love life. For anyone looking for a partner who shares their faith, meeting people is even harder. The dating sites we have listed below are among the top dating sites for Christians in 2020.
#1 Best Christian Dating site - eHarmony (best overall)
eHarmony is one of the biggest names in online dating and is also one of the best-established services. Anyone who remembers when online dating sites first took off will remember seeing ads for eHarmony.
- In operation since 2000
- User count: millions
- Operates in 200 countries
- The video dating option makes secure dating easier for new members.
- Matches made: 2 million. Averaging at one every 14 minutes
- Membership ratio: 51% men: 49% women
- Operating systems: iOS, Android, Browser
Over the last 20 years, eHarmony has amassed a user base that now reaches into the millions. Their userbase is truly global, as is the business itself. eHarmony operates in hundreds of countries. eHarmony’s success is built upon its advanced compatibility algorithms, which were a hallmark of the platform from its earliest days. The service was founded by a clinical psychologist, Dr. Neil Clark Warren.
The result of Dr. Warren’s work was eHarmony’s now-famous ‘dimensions of compatibility’ system. This system assesses 29 criteria using eHarmony’s proprietary matching algorithm. This system makes it possible for eHarmony to compare thousands of potential matches and identify the most compatible options. In theory, these matches are the single whose personalities match up best with your own according to the eHarmony algorithm.
eHarmony offers a free account tier, which allows you to start viewing compatible matches. You can also use the ‘ice breakers’ feature to catch the eye of any matches that you like the look of. If you want to use more ‘advanced’ features (although many of them are actually rather basic) you will need to buy a subscription at the following rates:
- Free sign up with limited functionality
- $29.90 a month (for six months)
- $29.95 a month (for three months)
- $59.95 a month (for one month)
While there are tons of advantages you can receive from joining eharmony, there are some negatives that you need to be aware of. Some of the pros include:
#2 Best Dating site for Christians - ChristianCafe
ChristianCafe is a service that is designed exclusively for Christian singles; you don’t have to worry about filtering out all the non-Christian users,
- In operation since 1999
- Exclusively Christian userbase
- Has users around the world, including Europe, the USA and Canada, Australia, and the Pacific.
- Responsible for more than 25,000 marriages so far.
- Free 10-day trial available for new members.
- Available on both iOS and Android
For anyone who doesn’t have the time to sort through extraneous non-Christian matches when they are looking through dating websites, ChristianCafe can save a lot of time. ChristianCafe has users all around the globe, there are thousands of users from the countries represented, and the userbase is always growing with time.
ChristianCafe might not be as immediately-recognizable a brand as eHarmony is, but it is one of the oldest online dating services out there. Like other platforms that have been in the game for a while, ChristianCafe has numerous excellent user testimonials and reviews that verify the excellent quality of the service. There’s also a free 10-day trial for you to take advantage of that will allow you to get to grips with the service without having to spend a penny.
Like eHarmony, you will start by putting together a detailed user profile. However, ChristianCafe relies on users browsing through profiles themselves instead of using a matchmaking system.
After users have claimed the aforementioned 10-day free trial, they will then have to decide whether to upgrade to a premium account or continue with the stripped-down free account that is missing some essential features. The longer the membership package that you buy, the more money you will be saving when you work out the per month cost.
- 2-week subscription: $34.97
- 1-month subscription: $44.97
- 3-month subscription: $69.97
- 6-month subscription: $109.97
For users that don’t want to waste time wading through non-Christian users, ChristianCafe is an excellent time-saver. The userbase is reasonably large, but it isn’t diluted in quality, as with some of the other larger platforms.
#3 Best Dating site for Christians - CatholicMatch
CatholicMatch is even more specific than ChristianCafe, which represents all denominations of Christians. CatholicMatch caters exclusively to Catholics, so if you are only interested in other Catholics, it is full of potential matches for you.
- In operation since 2004
- The userbase added its millionth user in 2013. Since then, it has continued to grow steadily, and despite being focused exclusively on Catholics, it is bigger than many of the general Christian dating sites that are out there.
- If you are looking exclusively for Catholics, it is one of the best choices out there.
- This service is focused on people looking for marriage. How you use it is up to you, but the goal of the platform’s algorithms and features is to push users towards long-term relationships and marriage.
- Apps for both iOS and Android
- Offers a free account tier to get you started
CatholicMatch offers a number of features that make it a standout service in a relatively crowded field. The whole service is geared around the Catholic identity of its users. If this is what you are looking for, then CatholicMatch is one of the best options out there. The site is impressively big, both in terms of the number of users in its database and its geographical reach. CatholicMatch has users from around the world.
While the Catholic faith is the most important common trait among the users of CatholicMatch, the service is keen to emphasise that this is not the only thing that connects the couples that match on the platform. The profiles new users create are detailed and provide plenty for you to work with when you are looking for suitable matches.
One thing that makes CatholicMatch unique, and is the secret to its success, it is the only religiously-focused dating service that is endorsed by a church. Catholic leaders around the world have advocated the app and its marriage-focused approach to online dating. If you read through the Success Stories page, you will find endless positive testimonials.
There is a free account available, which lets you get started looking for a match but limits you quite dramatically beyond that. If you want to access the full range of features that the platform offers, then you will need to shell out for a premium account. They are priced as follows:
- 1-month subscription - $29.99 per month
- 6-month subscription - $14.99 per month
- 12-month subscription - $9.99 per month
#4 Best Dating website for Christians -Spiritual Singles
Spiritual Singles promotes itself as the service for users who are looking to make a deeper connection with their matches.
- In operation since 2000
- Global userbase with singles from around the world
- Thousands of users, a number that is creeping upwards with time
- Personalized, in-depth profiles enable users to match with confidence
- Free account is available, albeit a limited one. Users can unlock subsequent features for a fee.
- The service is incredibly easy to navigate and get to grips with.
This is another faith-based dating site, although it isn’t about any single religion. instead, Spiritual Singles is aiming to foster deep connections amongst its users that are based on a range of variables. If you are someone who is spiritual but not wed to any particular religion, or you just have a spiritual side to your personality that is important to you, Spiritual Singles offers a unique twist on the usual faith-based dating services.
The traits that Spiritual Single’s users most commonly identify with include being compassionate, loving, joyful, caring, and authentic and honest. The service has been in operation since the year 2000, so it has had 20 years to refine its offering. Spiritual Singles remains one of the best faith-based services available today.
You will find thousands of testimonials, confirming that Spiritual Singles has a good success rate and seems to be successful in its broader goal of fostering deeper connections than most other online dating services do. The whole look and feel of the site are different from other dating platforms throughout. You can tell that this isn’t a casual hookup site masquerading as a dating service.
You won’t find the full range of tools for account interactions that competing services are offering. However, you get everything you need to find high-quality matches and establish contact. The focused features prioritize genuine interactions over the use of more artificial forms like digital winks and pokes.
Spiritual Singles offers a free account option, albeit a limited one. If you want to unlock all the features, you will need to upgrade. Even after you upgrade, the feature set is relatively basic when you compare it to similar competitors.
- 1-month subscription: $19 per month
- 3-month subscription: $39 per month
- 6-month subscription: $60 per month
#5 Best Dating website for Christians - EliteSingles
EliteSingles’ USP is that it is geared towards busy professionals who don’t have a lot of time to dedicate to their dating life. When you have a demanding job, finding love can fall by the wayside.
- More than 173,000 new users sign up for the service every month, and growth doesn’t seem to be slowing.
- As a self-described ‘streamlined service’, EliteSingles aims to produce multiple matches each day for its users.
- The site is generating around 2,000 couples every month.
- The service is specifically targeting 30-55 year-olds.
- It isn’t a faith-based service, but it does enable you to specify your religion and filter results by religion.
- Offers an app for both iOS and Android
For singles who are looking to make a connection with another professional, EliteSingles has you covered. Focusing on 30-55-year-olds makes EliteSingles a slightly more niche service than some of its closest competitors. However, there are few other dating sites competing in the same niche that can rival the service of EliteSingles.
EliteSingles boasts several unique features that set it apart from other sites that are competing in the same arena. It has an intelligent matchmaking system and an excellent interface that adds to the professional vibe.
Combine this with a steady user increase that has averaged 173,000 users every month since the service first launched, and you have the makings of a dating service that is worth dropping money on. EliteSingles isn’t cheap, but it is an undeniably quality service.
This is another service that is very much focused on long-term relationships over hookups or flings. Everything has been fine-tuned to throw up as many high-quality matches as possible. This is also a good service if the education-level of your partner is important to you, as it slightly favors those who are educated.
The basic membership is pretty limited but will enable you to get a feel for how everything works and what the focus of the site is. If you want to unlock additional features or use the mobile app to access the platform, you will need to have a paid membership.
- 6-month subscription: $39.95 per month
- 3-month subscription: $52.95 per month
- 1-month subscription: $99.95 per month
If you are a single Christian looking to find love, then all of the dating services above can help you out. Most websites that aren’t focused entirely on faith will let you filter your matches according to their religion.
We can recommend all of the services we have listed above wholeheartedly, but eHarmony has the edge in terms of compatibility matches and the features on offer.