CashForGoldUSA can be a great way to sell your jewelry online.
They have over 20 years’ experience in the buying and selling of gold jewelry and claim to offer the best rates around on jewelry worth up to $1,500. However, they do not claim to offer the most favorable rates for antique or designer jewelry.
They offer a handy online calculator so you can see at a glance how much money you could be offered.
How It Works
- Complete a quick and easy form on their website
- You will then receive an insured kit pack to put your items in and send back
- You will get an offer of payment by e-mail
- If you accept their offer, the money will be sent to you via check, PayPal, or bank transfer
- If you decline their offer, they will send your jewelry back to you free of charge
CashFofGoldUSA At A Glance
- Online Calculator
- Free insured shipping
- No Minimum value
How It Works
- You can get a free estimate of the value of your items online
- If you want to accept their offer, fill in your details and they will send you a free, insured shipping kit
- Once they have received your items, they will value them and suggest a selling price
- Agree on the starting price and the auction will start
- You will be paid by check, PayPal, or bank transfer within 24 hours of the item selling
Worthy at A Glance
Tips for Selling Jewelry Online
- Appraisal - Find out whether your items are real or fake before offering them for sale. This has a massive bearing on the price someone is willing to pay for them and you could end up with a hefty lawsuit if you get it wrong.
- Choose a reliable platform - Once you have decided about who to sell through do your homework to make sure they are a reputable company. There are many fake companies out there who will take your jewelry and not give you the money.
- Get multiple offers - Rather than just going for the first offer that is made to you as this can vary widely.
- Transparency – Make sure you include as much information about the item you are selling as you can. Include things such as cut and clarity of the stones and whether the item was handmade or not.
Selling Jewelry Online FAQ’S
Is selling jewelry online profitable?
You can make a significant amount of money selling jewelry online whether it is a family heirloom or something you have made yourself.
How do I price my jewelry?
If you are making the jewelry yourself, do not forget to factor in the cost of your labor when deciding a sale price. If you are selling a family heirloom try not to be too sentimental about it as this will not be reflected in the price anyone else is willing to pay for it.
Where can I sell expensive jewelry?
High-end auction houses such as Sotheby's or Christies both have excellent reputations when it comes to expensive jewelry and other high value collectables.
Should I start my own jewelry store?
There are some fantastic reasons to set up your own online store, especially if you make the jewelry yourself or if jewelry is your passion. Companies such as Etsy and Ruby Lane offer a guide and recommendations about setting up your own online store and it may not be as difficult to do as you think.
You can make a significant amount of money selling online whether it is a one-off item or if you have decided to make a business out of it. However, make sure you do your research well first.
Related: How to sell your engagement ring